Call for Applications: Art and Society
ART AND SOCIETY
UNESCO - Memoire de l'Avenir - IYGU
The International Year of Global Understanding (IYGU), le Conseil International de la Philosophie et des Sciences Humaines (CIPSH), Most-Unesco & Mémoire de l'Avenir (MDA) Call for applications.
GOAL: To unite artists around the world in order to demonstrate the involvement and contribution of the arts in society.
Art and culture are active agents in social, economic and political action. They speak to the solidarity between peoples, of their situations and ways of life… They have the ability to change mentalities and encourage action in every domain of society.
'The responsibility of an artist lays not only in his aesthetical research or with his/her intellectual impact, but also with his/her ability to influence, challenge, propose, critique, and raise awareness. The Arts are a way to question and to discover, while searching for new ways to express, to resist, to act… Expressing a unique and subjective point of view is an ethical and esthetical imperative. Hence, Arts are ways to recognize the endless pluralities of ideas, histories and identities. Arts & Cultures can contribute to an intuitive, sensitive and knowledgeable meetings between differences, leading to the recognitions of similitudes and universalism.' Margalit Berriet President and founder of Mémoire de l'Avenir / Memory of the Future.
YOU, artists of all forms of expressions: fine arts, photography, film, music, performances, creativewriting, poetry, numerical arts, architecture, culinary artists... are invited to create a short video (1:30 max), in which you express, in your native language, the role of artists and the Arts in Society.
Your video should respond to the following 3 subjects:
- Your motivation
- Your objectives
- The impact of your work in society
All the videos will be examined
FIRST STEP OF THE PROJECT > At least 1 video by country or by dialect will be presented in the space of an installation at The World Conference of the Humanities (WHC) and the International Year of global Understanding (IYGU) in 2017 in Liege.
195 -206 states or languages will be represented approx. 5h journey around a world of artists.
SECOND STEP > A larger selection of projects, together with the above first collection, will be also edited on line, constituting an active platform of exchange of resources, witnessing the richness of Cultures, ideas, engagements, expressions and actions.
If in your work YOU QUESTION social or political challenges such as ecology / nature / science / education / labor / limits and borders / migration / urban space/ collective & individual memories / the fight against all forms of inequality and discrimination / living together / women, children human rights... SHARE IT, AND SEND US YOUR VIDEOS!
DEADLINE: 30 Novembre 2016
- Your video should be send to :firstname.lastname@example.org via HIGHTAIL/or/WETRANSFER -
- Your video should not exceed 1 minute 30 seconds - longer videos will not be considered
- Your art work should be visible or heard in the video
- Your video can/should be creative
- Your video must be recorded in your native language
- Your video must include IMPERATIVELY an English translation (in the video or in text attached)
- Your video must be recorded in full HD format (1920x 1080), H264.mov or MP4, sound -3dBU
- No pejorative connotations, propagandas or discriminatory statements will be accepted
- Video must be accompanied with essential information:
- Name - Country - artistic medium - a short statement - no longer than 500 words - 1 document of representation in English
- Video must be FREE OF RIGHTS
- Selected videos will be also available online
Mémoire de l'Avenir
45/47 rue Ramponeau
DEADLINE: 30 Novembre 2016